Can I give Purees to my baby? 25+ Purees Recipes for Babies
Purees for Babies|Starting solids for Babies above 6 months
Puree for Babies and Toddlers | 6 months baby food recipe | Homemade Puree Recipe for Babies | Puree recipe for babies | when can I give puree to my baby |first food for babies | weight gaining recipe for babies
Can I give Purees to my baby?
When you begin feeding your baby solid foods, it’s time to think about what foods you’re going to be feeding him. There are many healthy premade options, including organic baby food. But homemade baby food is a popular option for parents who want to know exactly what goes into their baby’s mouth and making it may be easier than you think.
To know more about introducing solids to baby, and how to offer solids to babies read our blog.
Purees are the best way to start solids. Purees can be made from fruits or vegetables. Fruits and Vegetables are easily digestible for infants and hence we recommend starting with fruits and vegetables in the form of purees for the babies above 6 months.
In this article, we have made an exhaustive list of purees that can be offered for infants above 6 months of age.
Consistency of Purees for the babies
There are a few things parents need to keep in mind when offering solid foods and making vegetable purées for babies. Babies can be started on food other than breast milk or formula by the time they are six months old. Babies who are about 7–8 months old can try foods from different food groups, including vegetables, fruits, grains, and dairy. When starting your baby on solids, begin by introducing one fruit, vegetable or grain at a time. Purees should be offered in the form of solids and not in the liquid state. Solids need to be solids. We should prepare purees in such a way that it should be firm on the tip of fingers and not too watery. That’s when their swallowing capacity increases and babies by 6 months are ready to have solids by this time.
List of Purees
Here’s is an exhaustive list of purees, that can be offered to kids and toddlers, we have made with a single fruit or a vegetable as well as purees made with a combination of vegetables, fruits.
Tips to prepare vegetable purée for babies and toddlers
- Always choose the best farm produce, preferably organic, to make vegetable purée for your baby or toddler.
- Preparing the vegetables is an important step. Make sure to thoroughly wash the vegetables, peel them carefully and remove the top.
- You can cook the vegetables in different ways — boiling in water, cooking in a pressure cooker, steaming and baking. Steaming a vegetable allows it to retain most of the nutrients.
- Ensure the vegetable is well-cooked before making a purée, to avoid indigestion or stomach problems in your baby.
- Offer your baby different vegetables in rainbow colors as they look attractive and are loaded with a variety of nutrients.
- Clean the food processor well before making the purée and ensure you add only filtered and boiled water to it.
Purees for Infants and Toddlers
Thank you for reading this article. For regular updates please join us on Instagram, Facebook Page, Pinterest, and our YouTube Channel. You can also join our Kannada Moms Group, Kannada Youtube Channel, Kannada Instagram. Feel free to post your queries, we would be happy to help.
1 thought on “Can I give Purees to my baby? 25+ Purees Recipes for Babies”
Thank you for such a lovely post I am completely satisfied with the knowledge you have shared I will surely pass this article to my sister who is expecting a little one soon this article will surely help her making purees for the little champ.